Welcome and thank you for participating in our review process!
Please remember that on this page you are exposed to intellectual property which has been submitted to us. You are reviewing this page under the terms and conditions of the NDA agreement which you signed. It is our shared responsibility to maintain the privacy and security of this information. Please contact us for any question.
Bellow you will find the list of projects which have been assigned to you for review. Select a project and hit 'Open Review' to open the project. If you already saved or published a review, the fields at the bottom of this page will be populated with the information you entered. Remember that the system will automatically log you out after 10 minutes of inactivity. Save often to avoid losing information!
Saving a review will not make it visible to our team. It is intended for you to take the time you need and come back to filling this form. Only after hitting 'Publish' will your review be visible to our team.
You may still make changes to your review after it has been published.
We recommend using a computer and not a mobile device to perform reviews. When hitting 'Display Project', a project page will open in a new window, allowing you to start filling out the review form as you start reviewing the project itself. Thank you, and enjoy!
Choose one of the project which has been assigned to you:
Review last updated:
1) Does the log-line accurately represent this project? If not, please describe the plot below.
2) Any other additions or corrections to the information the submitter provided?
3) The submitter described the genre of the project as:
Please specify a sub-genre. For example, horror films can be slasher, zombie, werewolf, sci-fi etc.
4) Please rate the level to which the script reaches it's genre goals. For comedies, is it funny? For horror films, rate the scariness of the script, where 1) Titanic (not scary), 2) Donald Trump's hair (slightly horrific) 3) Shaun of the Dead (comedic / not meant to be scary) 4) Paranormal Activity (pretty scary) 5) The Exorcist (Super scary - I'm still shaking).
5) Is this project unique? If so, please explain how it's unique below (examples: Interesting setting, unique characters, story told in a different way). If it is not unique, please explain what other films or series this reminds you of.
6) On a scale of 1 to 5. How much would you want to watch this film or recommend it to others?
(1 is least. 5 is the most recommended.)
7) Can this project be made with limited resources or low budget. For the project to qualify for MiLa Dark it must be made in a micro-budget level.
8) Is there a sequel or franchise possibility for this project?
9) Does the screenwriter seem to have a good grasp of the craft?
(formatted correctly, etc)
10) On a scale of 1-5, how much development do you think it would take to get this script to an A+ level?
(1 - means it needs little to no work. 5 means it needs a ton of work.)
11) Please write a quick summary of your impressions. Add any thoughts which cannot be expressed elsewhere.
12) Generally rate this project. Include your X-Factor! Some projects are just great even if they don't check all the boxes. Your rating here is the only thing required to publish your review and will be visible to the team on the top sheet.
13) What time period does the script take place in?
(i.e. Old west, Victorian, Modern day, etc)
14) What location including city and country does the story take place.
Characters & Conflicts
15) How many main characters are there in the script?
(These are characters that experience a significant change during the film, in one way or another.)
16) Generally rate the character development for the main characters, where 1 is stagnant and 5 is a clear arc in which character exhibit a change at the end of the film when compared to the beginning.
17) Out of the main characters, how many are male / female? Is there any indication in the script for race or any other casting specific thing like under represented characters, (Female, twins, native Americans, etc.).
18) Rate the internal conflict for each of the main characters. *Internal conflict is within the characters mind. The character vs self. (1 is the least amount of conflict and 5 is the greatest.)
19) Is the internal conflict (identified above) interesting and can you identify with it? (Please explain why or why not.)
20) Rate the external conflict for the main characters. *External conflicts may be character vs. character, character vs. nature, or character vs. society. (1 is the least and 5 is the most.)
21) How many moments of suspense did you recognize, roughly?
22) Out of those moments of suspense (identified above), is there one that you would identify as the climax? If so, how would you rate it? (1 is the least suspensful and 5 is the most suspenseful.)
23) Rate the resolution of the conflict? Did you feel satisfied?
24) Please explain why the resolution you've identified (above) may or may not feel satisfying?